The Leon H. Sullivan Foundation empowers underprivileged people worldwide by promoting the principles of self-help and social responsibility. These goals are the articulation of the vision of the Reverend Leon Howard Sullivan.
In order to fulfill our mission and in order to take the vision of Leon Sullivan to a higher level of effectiveness and expansion, the Foundation will support and create programs where such principles and ideals are implemented to improve the lives of the vulnerable. Also, we endeavor to infuse a spirit of activism into economic development by promoting ethics and corporate social responsibility principles among businesses and governments alike.
TO BRING THE CORPORATE AND GOVERNMENT COMMUNITIES TOGETHER FOR THE ECONOMIC BENEFIT OF ALL.
We endeavor to bring the corporate and governmental communities together for the economic benefit of all, and invite businesses and individuals to create partnerships with Africa with our ultimate goal being a peaceful, prosperous, and powerful Africa.
And finally, through the Leon H. Sullivan Summits, we will continue to work towards realizing Sullivan’s dream to create a bridge from Africa to the developed world over which investment, tourism, education, healthcare, and other vital needs can traverse freely to the immediate benefit of the Continent of Africa and the ultimate benefit of the entire world.
THE CHARGE AND THE CALL TO ACTION:
CELEBRATING THE POWER OF PARTNERSHIP, PEACE, AND PROSPERITY FOR AFRICA
To achieve these goals, it will take a significant investment from those dedicated to the ideals for which we stand. We recognize and acknowledge that this chapter in the Sullivan Legacy illuminates a global challenge that will require a cadre of committed global citizens from the entire Diaspora to prevail.
OUR STRATEGIC GOALS:
- To create opportunity through dialog
- To advocate for the poor and disadvantaged
- To cultivate a new generation of compassionate humanitarians in all walks of life.
We hope you will join us as we continue the Reverend’s bold ambition to realize a global society that nurtures and celebrates the genius that lives in all God’s children, wherever they may live, for the ultimate benefit of us all.
OUR CALL TO ACTION:
- To insist upon a world that is just for all.
- To help each other rise above adversity and continue to evolve as a great humanitarian race.
- This is the call to action on behalf of our global society and this is the work embodied in the newly established Leon H. Sullivan Foundation.
- This is the Foundation named in honor of a humble yet powerful man whose life’s work changed the course of our society.
- This is the Foundation that celebrates a man who, quietly and with purpose, sought to use his life as a means to move people from hopelessness to hope, from despair to discovery, from poverty to the promise of prosperity and a life of purpose.
The Foundation named in his honor continues his legacy of hope as we work towards his goal of a just and fair society for all.