Leon H. Sullivan Summit VI
Date: July 12-18, 2003
Venue: Abuja, Nigeria
Host: H.E. Olusegun Obasanjo
- Summit VI was attended by President George W. Bush (the first presidential visit), Secretary of State Colin Powell and National Security Adviser Dr. Condoleezza Rice.
- President Bush pledged $5,000,000 for the Sullivan entity IFESH’s Teachers for Africa Program.
- The Board of Directors of Chevron pledged $5 million dollars toward the Leon H. Sullivan Foundation’s Endowment.
- The Leon H. Sullivan Foundation, Sullivan entity OIC International and Habitat for Humanity International signed an agreement to develop a pilot project to build 100 new housing units in Nigeria.
- The Leon H. Sullivan Foundation and Books for Africa signed an agreement to ship 1,000,000 books to Africa.
- The Leon H. Sullivan Foundation and the MEDHELP Foundation signed a Memorandum of Understanding to replicate open-heart and other surgical procedures throughout Africa.
- The Leon H. Sullivan Foundation and NAFEO, the umbrella organization of America’s historically black colleges and universities, agree in principle to continue to bring together universities from America and Africa in a range of Summit and post-Summit collaborative activities.